Every two weeks, Casa do Povo is a pickup point of the organic boxes ensuing from family farming.
This proposal is an initiative led by MST (the Landless Workers’ Movement) of the São Paulo Metropolitan Area through Comunas da Terra, which are settlements in small lots oriented to the production of fruits and greeneries. The main idea is to produce poisonless and entirely agroecological food in the green belt of São Paulo, thus reclaiming the vocation of this region in supplying food for the city. Agroecology means cooperation with nature and free work, made in association. This way, the boxes sold respect the seasonality of each food for a fair price, which then returns to those who produce it.
How it works
- The orders must be made directly through the Cidade Agroecológica website, selecting Casa do Povo as pickup point.
- The boxes cost R$ 35,00 and are composed by 9 items (2 greens for salad, 1 or 2 greens for cooking, 2 herbs for seasoning, 2 or 3 fruits, 1 or 2 roots or vegetables)
- After the confirmation, the pickup must be made independently: the list with the names of who ordered that day is available in the same table as the food. You just need to check off your name and take the items you ordered.
- Each and every purchased box must be picked up the day itself, during the hours defined to do so, from noon to 7pm.
- Casa do Povo does not bear responsibility for boxes that have not been picked up within this period.
- All remaining food of the day will be donated to the neighborhood.
Don’t forget to bring your bag!